General Information About Yangon
• Yangon is the main gateway to Myanmar by air and sea.
• Ever green and cool with lush tropical trees, shady parks with beautiful lakes , know as Garden city of East.
• The pride of Yangon is the world famous Shwedagon Pagoda, the landmark of Myanmar.
• The golden dome rises 98 meters above its base and is covered with 11 tons of pure gold.
• The present day Yangon covers over 350 sq.km with 6 million populations.
• Almost all International Airlines serving Myanmar fly to Yangon International Airport.
• So one-night stay in Yangon is recommended before visiting up-country and one night at the end of the trip.
• And full or half a day of Yangon city sightseeing is advised- the highlight being, of course, the Shwedagon Pagoda, Chauk Htat Gyi reclining Buddha, Sule Pagoda, Botahtaung Pagoda and shopping trip to Boyoke (Scott) Market which is closed on Gazetted Holidays and every monday.