General Information About Pyay
• Pyay (Prome) is only 161 km north (5 hours drive) of Yangon situated on the eastern bank of the Ayeyarwady River on a lovely location.
• Visitors can stop over in Pyay and travel on to Bagan and Mandalay.
• Srikshetra (1-9 AD), the ancient Pyu capital about five miles to the east, is interesting place to visit because of their historical sites.
• Interesting Places in Pyay are Shwesandaw Pagoda, Sehtetgyi Pagoda, Baw Baw Gyi Pagoda, Be Be Gyi Pagoda and Payama Pagoda.
• There is another famous site which is "Ahkauktaung" it is know for its curving on the cliff along the river.
• Normally we do it as a stop over between long drive of Yangon and Bagan.