General Information About Mount Popa
• Mt. Popa is said to be the core of an extinct volcano and 60 kilometers south-east of Bagan and it’s takes 1hr drive.
• It ‘s situated on 1,500 meter- high and it is an extinct volcano .
• Well-known as the oasis of the central Myanmar dry zone.
• The Mt.Popa area has also been designated as a National Park, a perfect place for eco tourism.
• Mt. Popa hosts two major “ nat pwe ", spirit festival, in the month of May / June and other in Nov / Dec as major pilgrimage destinations.