General Information About Mingun
• Located across majestic Ayeyarwaddy River approximately 12 kilometer north of Mandalay.
• Mingun today host the world second largest ringing. Bell of 90 tons in weight and unfinished pagoda to go with it.
• Mingun payagyi was dedicated to be the world largest monument however which today stood to be the world largest brick pile.
• It is reached by ferry boats across the river and takes 1 hour for up-river.
• A boat trip to Mingun is pleasant with plenty of life on the river to see.