General Information About Kyaing Tong
• Kyaing Tong is known for its scenic beauty and many colorful ethnic tribes.
• Situated in the eastern Shan State and it’s about an hour flight from Heho and by land 452 km from Inle lake, but not allowed to travel at the moment and 176 km from ( 3 hours driving ) north of the border town of Tachileik opposite Mae Sai( Thailand ).
• And it’s 56 miles away from Mong Lar, a Chinese border town.
• There are many villages of various ethnic tribes residing around Kyaing Tong.
• We observe their tribal dances and their way of living on these mountainous regions around Kyaing Tong can be recommended in the dry season since the rainy season is very heavy in this area.
• A trip includes trekking to tribal villages, and therefore one has to be in good physical condition.
• Although a trip to Kyaing Tong must be regarded as an adventure tour, the area is of great interest for visitors interested in experiencing a completely different side of Myanmar.