General Information About Kyaik Hti Yoe
• The famous legendary Kyaikhtiyo pagoda is located in the small town called Kyaikhto, in the Mon State. The pagoda is also known as "the golden rock".
• This destination is 160km away from Yangon and 4 hour drive.
• The pagoda is situated on a rocky mountain 1100m (3615 ft) above sea-level.
• Kyaikhtiyo pagoda is one of the most ancient and celebrated of all pagodas in Myanmar and said to have been built during the life-time of the Buddha over 2400 years.
• It is a 11 km uphill climb for the hikers from Kinpun base camp to the rock, if we trek it takes 7 hrs walk or 1 hr drive up hill by open truck to Hermit hill. Again 45 minutes trek to reach the Golden Rock or the people who cannot trek the palaquins are available.
• The season of pilgrimage is from October to May.