General Information About Inle Lake
• This vast picturesque lake, 900 meters above sea-level, is one of the main tourist attractions in Myanmar.
• The lake, 22 km long and 10 km across, has a population of some 150,000, many of whom live on floating islands of vegetation.
• Inle Lake, natural and unpolluted, is famous for its scenic beauty and the unique leg-rowing of the Inthas, the native lake dwellers.
• A place we cannot miss in our itinerary is this scenic beauty of Inle Lake so at least a one-night or two-nights stay is strongly recommended.
• A second night is required for those with time; extra nights allow for visits and trek to Inle Lake and Kalaw surrounding.
• The most convenient way is to fly from Yangon to Heho, which is the nearest airport to the lake.
• There are daily flights to Heho from Yangon which take about one hour. The flight from Mandalay to Heho takes only 20 minutes. Traveling by car along the uphill and winding road over the Shan Plateau, thought taking about 6 hours is interesting and well-worth taking. There is also a regular train service via. Thazi Junction to Heho and Shwenyaung, the nearest station to the Lake Inle Lake